Texas is CNBC’s Top State for Business in America this year
- Texas claims the top spot in CNBC’s 2018 America’s Top States for Business rankings
- The energy sector is helping to turbocharge the $1.6 trillion Texas economy
- Texas has added more than 350,000 jobs in the past year
- Texas is home to 39 companies in the Standard and Poor’s 500 index, including AT&T, ExxonMobiland Texas Instruments. And it boasts some of the nation’s largest privately-held companies, including supermarket operator H-E-B, Neiman Marcus Group and Hunt Oil
- With solid economic growth last year — including a torrid 5.2 percent state GDP increase in the fourth quarter — Texas finishes first in our Economy category this year
- But Texas is no one-trick pony, notching top 10 finishes not just in Economy but in five of our 10 categories of competitiveness, including , Infrastructure (No. 1), Technology and Innovation (No. 9) and Access to Capital (No. 3). The state finishes with 1,651 out of 2,500 possible points.
You may also like...